Dr. Nova Law
Dr. Nova Law is a Board Certified Family Practice Physician who specializes in body contouring and cosmetic services. She is the Medical Director of Nova Essence Medispa. This Medispa specializes in the following areas: weight loss, body contouring, hair removal, age/sun spots removal, rosacea treatments, hair growth, acne treatments and bio-identical hormones. We offer multiple rejuvenation solutions for the face and body that ensures the most personalized treatments available anywhere.
Nova Essence Medispa features the newest, most advanced rejuvenation and anti-aging treatments and technologies. We purposely unite the concept of feeling healthy, energetic and looking fabulous. We are committed to providing advanced aesthetic enhancements and skin care and Anti-Aging Medical treatments through physician developed, performed and supervised services within the relaxing, luxurious and convenient atmosphere of a Medi day spa.
Dr. Law received specialized training in the use of lasers for treatment of various medical problems as well as cosmetic procedures. She has been trained by many of the most prominent physicians in the cosmetic/laser field. These include physicians who have appeared on Drs. 90210, Extreme Makeover, and physicians who have helped to invent many of the lasers used today. This includes R. Rox Anderson, MD, Director, Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital at Harvard Medical School and Mathew M. Avram, MD, Director, Dermatology Laser and Cosmetic Center, Massachusetts General Hospital just to name a few.
Dr. Nova Law attended UCLA, where she graduated with numerous awards. She earned her medical degree from Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine and completed her residency at University Hospitals of Cleveland, which included electives at Harvard Medical School, University of Zimbabwe, Ghana Medical School, Carraway and Baptist Princeton both in Birmingham, Alabama. She is actively involved in training and teaching other physicians in the areas of cosmetic medicine and Bio-identical Hormone Therapy. She has been a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Family Medicine, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, American Society of Bariatric Medicine, International Meso-lipotherapy Society, The Aesthetic Practice Association just to name a few.
She has appeared on ABC 33/40, Fox 6 and radio stations such as 98.7 Kiss FM, WAGG 610 AM and has been featured in numerous print media including Birmingham Post Herald, Birmingham News, Birmingham Times, Birmingham Magazine, B Metro and others.
HONORS & AWARDS:
Congressional Medal of Distinction – Honoring America’s Business Leaders, June 2008.
Triple Star Speaker Award - SottoPelle Annual Seminar September 2006; & October 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada.
Female Powerhouses, Who’s Who in Black Birmingham, 2nd ed., September 2008.
America’s Top Family Doctors – Consumer’s Research Council of America, 2009.
Female Doctor of the Year –Spotlight Magazine and State Farm Insurance, January 2011.
Top Physician State of Alabama Nominee - 2016 Black Achievers Awards presented by Regions Financial Corporation and the Oliver Robinson Foundation, Inc.
Top Doctor 2017 - Family Medicine B Metro Magazine
University Hospitals of Cleveland, Family Practice Residency:
Most Honored Resident, Ohio Academy of Family Physicians, June 2002.
Alternative Medicine Recognition Award, June, 2002.
International Health Track Recognition Award, June 2002.
Resident Teaching Award, June, 2002.
American Medical Association Foundation Leadership Award, May 2000.
Michigan State University – College of Human Medicine:
Women in Medicine Scholarship Recipient, 1996.
Mid-Michigan Medical Society Scholarship Recipient, 1996.
Paul T. Werner, MD, Family Endowed Scholarship Recipient, 1996 – 1997.
Minority Medical Student Association – Outstanding and Dedicated Service, 1996.
National Medical Fellowship, 1996, 1997.
Project Cherish Award Recipient – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
(National Office), July 1996.
W.K. Kellogg Community-Based Training Fellowship Recipient, 1997 – 1998.
Most Outstanding Medical Student – Voted by Class of 1999, Michigan State CHM, 1997.
California State University, Dominquez Hills (CSUDH)
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1988 – 1991.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Outstanding College Student of America, 1987 – 1988.
Outstanding Young Women of America, 1987 – 1988.
Chancellor’s Humanitarian Award Nominee, 1988.
Chancellor’s Marshall Award, 1988.
Delta of the year – Pi Chapter- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., 1988.
CERTIFICATIONS and ACCREDITATIONS
- American Society of Bariatric Physicians Certification, September – October, 2004.
- Mesotherapy for Primary Care as it relates to cellulite removal, spot fat reduction, body contouring and weight loss of the abdomen, arms, back and legs, face and neck rejuvenation, treating sun damaged skin. Empire Medical Training, Inc. February, 2005.
- Cosmetic Laser Procedures for Primary Care. Trained on Laser Aesthetics, Microdermabrasion, Non-Ablative Laser for Treatment of Acne, Building Collagen, Wrinkle Reduction, Skin Resurfacing and Chemical Peels, Laser for Pigmentation, Hair Reduction, Tattoo Removal, Treatment of Vascular Lesions and Skin Rejuvenation. Empire Medical Training, Inc. April, 2005.
- Cosmetic Procedures for Primary Care. Trained in Injections and fillers, Botulinum Toxin injections, Laser aesthetics, Microdermabrasion, Skin resurfacing and Chemical peels. Empire Medical Training, February 2006.
- Facial Enhancement and Facial Anti-Aging treatments using Botox Cosmetic. Arc Mesa Educators, December, 2006.
- Facial Rejuvenation Therapy utilizing Dermal Fillers, Arc Mesa Educators, December, 2006.
- Botox and Dermal Fillers Certification. International Meso-Lipotherapy Society, March, 2007.
- Mesotherapy & LipoDissolve Certification. Taught by the Pioneer of Lipodissolve, Dr. Patricia Rittes, Pioneer of Mesotherapy Dr. Jacques Le COZ and President of the IMLS – Dr. Roman Chubaty, March, 2007.
- Basic & Advanced Liposuction and Body Contouring. Institute for Medical & Nursing Education, August, 2008.
- Cynosure's SmartLipo MPX SS MP Laser Lipolysis System Comprehensive Hands On Training September – October, 2008.
- Laser & Aesthetic Skin Therapy: What’s the Truth? Harvard Medical School, Department of Continuing Education. October 2008.
- Certificate of Training, Serdev Suture Suspension System. Centers for Health Promotions, Inc. (Certified training with Dr. Dwight Reynolds and Dr. Nikolay P. Serdev), November 2008.
- Smoothshapes –On site didactics and hands on training on the Smoothshapes Laser machine – Cellulite and Body Contouring. January 2009.
- Vaser Current Users Hands On Training. Advanced Body Sculpting Institute, February – March, 2009.
- Robard’s 2nd Annual Funded Weight Management Certification, July, 2010.
- Exilis Radiofrequency Machine Training. November, 2011.
- IV Nutrition Therapy Hands-on Workshop, Park Compounding, April 2012.
- PRP Injection Therapy Training and Certification Course, PRP Life Lift Protocol, September, 2014.
- Certificate Of Training, Strawberry Laser Lipo, September 2015
Certificate of Training, Vampire Facelift ® American Cosmetic Cellular Medicine Association. November 2015